Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year

So, it's a New Year which means a fresh start. But why then do I not feel so great about this New Year, could it be because of how last year turned out? To be honest, 2008 was a roller coaster. On one hand I gained many friends, and kept the amazing ones. On the other I lost more than I would have liked. I had a lot of let downs, but then pulled through in places i did not expect. I think the biggest reason I feel so dreary is because it's a New Year, which means another year has passed, which also means another year of my life has drifted away. It means that I have to start my own path in life, one that does not have any particular direction yet. The only sure thing in my life is going on a mission, beyond that then what? What on earth am I, Christopher Taylor, going to do with myself, with my life. Am i gonna finally stick with Music, or get distracted with another Major. Lately I have the desire to go into comedy and acting. My mind and ambitions are all over the place and I have no idea what to do. But I do know one thing and that is I can't waste what short time I have here on this Earth, and I want to take every opportunity I can. I want to be adventurous, go anywhere I want without a moments notice, do anything, and be who I want to be. The biggest problem is I don't really know who I am. I know I'm a son of god, and I know that it is the greatest thing I can be. But when I say I don't know who I am I mean something entirely different. Before, I thought I was a tuba player and that is what I was gonna do until I died, but now I'm in choir. I think that 2009 is gonna be the year that i discover who I am and what my ambitions are. And I know that if I just stay positive everything will work out. Because "once you choose hope, anything is possible"-Christopher Reeve

2 comments:

  1. If you don't have your patriarchal blessing, get it. If you do, read it. Although many things won't be entirely clear (especially at this point), as time passes and as you read it more things will start to make more sense. Especially when you get back from your mission, you will start to get a feel for what exactly you're supposed to do with your life and how you're supposed to do it. Remember that your friends are behind you, and willing to support you as you go through life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just go with the flow bro don't think so much it's just life have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete